Monday, September 22, 2014

MONDAY MUSINGS SAVORING THE MOMENTS



Life gets complicated. So many decisions and issues to deal with. I don't know about you but there are times I'm like a fluff of cotton caught in the whirlwind blown here and there. My head is so full of stuff that everything blurs around me. It's a rough ride with no time to really look around. 

There are times I must fight my way out and just savor the beauty of a moment in time. Stop and anchor myself to the now. Look around and see the beauty that surrounds me. Let go of all the must do issues and just be. You'd think that would be easy but it's not always. Sometimes I have to give myself permission to step off the platform of the whirlwind and just let it move on for awhile.

An afternoon on the trail


I did that on Sunday afternoon. Took the time to breath in fresh scent of the grass, visit with my animals, listen to the wind and the call of the birds. Watch the shadows of the sun crawl across the pastures. Just be in the moment. I could feel the tightness unwind from inside and awareness of my surroundings unfurl and soothe me. I needed that.

Doctari and  Sassy



Pasture in the afternoon sun


A pair of armadillos that live down by the pond


Me darlin' Sassy being proud and pretty

These moments are ones to savor. They make you glad you're alive.

How do you find the moments to unwind? What do you do to make it happen?

10 comments:

Karen Walker said...

Sia, what a beautiful home you have. And those horses?They are spectacularly beautiful. You are so right. We need to take the time to savor the moments. Why else are we here?

~Sia McKye~ said...

I'm fortunate, Karen, with where I live. It's a blessing and my horses, well this is two of them, are sweethearts. I was there when Sassy was born and she's a special girl of mine. Doctari is my riding horse even though I can't ride anymore.

We do need time to savor these quiet moments in life just to remind us we're alive. They're the gifts that help unwind the blur and stress of life.

Natalie Aguirre said...

So true we need to take and savor these moments where we just enjoy nature or whatever helps us relax. So glad you got a day to do that.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sia .. it is a beautiful area you live ... and your animals give you so much pleasure .. and I can see why. Love those armadillos!

While Doctari and Sassy look just lovely ...

Enjoy these last summer/early autumn days .. cheers Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You have armadillos? How wild!
I wasn't in tune with nature, but I did take some time away this past weekend. It was awesome.

Kat Sheridan said...

The pictures are so soothing and lovely! Yes, you have a great place to just breathe. How wonderful!

Jo said...

Lovely pictures of your home and horses Sia. So sorry you can't ride any more. You must miss it.

In my case I find T'ai Chi and associated exercises a great way to unwind not having such a beautiful spot to enjoy.

Once saw an armadillo when staying in Florida. Cute little perishers.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

It has been lovely out. I relaxed last night by going to the football game my husband was coaching. A number of the older players, my former students, went out their way to talk to me. Left me with 'feel good' vibes the rest of the evening.
Front porch this afternoon to work on edits should be perfect.

shelly said...

Lucky. I go for walks around my neighborhood. Or I pray to unwind.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Hi Sia!!!So glad you did that Sunday. Makes such a huge difference doesn't it??