Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WEDNESDAY: REMEMBERING YOU


SiaMcKye


Did I Notice Your Book, Blogfest





Here I was, wandering around a quaint New England town looking for breakfast and a good cup of coffee (which is always a must for me), when I heard the voice of one of my favorite tenors singing NessunDorma. My ears fell in love with a place that unapologetically plays such music, my lips smiled as I heard a man singing bits of it as he worked. I breathed in the wonderful smells emanating from the diner. Yep, this is the place to stop for breakfast.


I hovered near the door listening to the murmur of voices, clink of tableware, and laughter from the good-natured insults, in Italian, and closed my eyes. It was just like coming home. I reached for the door and almost grabbed the police officer coming out with a bag and a tall coffee. Wow! Not a bad handle to grab. I heard voice in the background call him Petie.

As Petie ushered me through the door he assured me Uncle Sally did indeed have the best food in town. Who would know best than the town’s finest, right (and he truly was fine)?

This is not only the best town to visit but you’ll love the Gennovase family.

Robyn Rand

When Genna goes home to Rhode Island to spend a long-awaited vacation, she finds that her family is falling apart and she has only twenty-one days to put them back together. 

Her new promotion as Executive Chef at the posh Littlefield Country Club in Delaware is a dream job. It’s more than the pay and benefits; she has the chance to achieve what she’s always wanted – her own kitchen – and Genna can’t wait to get started when she returns after the Fourth of July holiday.

However, her vacation is far from relaxing. Two men are vying for her attention – an ex-fianc√© who wants to fix the mistakes of the past, and an old school chum who finds her irresistible, and inspires mutual feelings in Genna. Her aunt’s forgetfulness is also causing concern. However, the family is in denial; her cousins are unable to cope with their mother’s changing behavior and her beloved uncle, dealing with all the stress, has a heart attack. 

Genna steps in to keep his diner open and the family together while he recuperates, and she questions what’s more important – breaking the glass ceiling or remaining with her family. The clock runs out and Genna finds she is needed at her new job, needed by her family, and by lovers old and new. Now Genna must search her soul to find out what she needs.


This is a book I feel should have more attention than it's received, because it really is a good story! I really enjoyed Remember You, check it out.

###


Here’s a couple of pictures I took yesterday around the ranch. Our trees are at their peak and I’m sure going to miss these bright yellows when they fall. L

Sia's Field of Gold


Walking Companions--the dog was at my side.


The back pasture

 

28 comments:

Kat Sheridan said...

Such lovely photos! All those cats! And the book sounds interesting. I'm glad you highlight things that might get overlooked!

Johanna Garth said...

The book sounds really good. I'm wishing I'd seen this post yesterday because I just picked the book for my book club and this would have been a contender.

E.J. Wesley said...

Great selection for DINYB, and LOVED your photos! :-)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Hope she finds it. And look at all those cats! It's an invasion...
Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

Susan Roebuck said...

You live in a lovely place and I'd adore to be surrounded by all those cats. The book sounds like it's a great read, a real-life family book (with all the stress)

Sherry Ellis said...

Thanks for sharing about the book. It sounds like a good story!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Sounds like a great book about a close family dealing with real problems. Lovely pictures but I hate for summer to end.

Chelle Sandell said...

I LOVE the colors and smells of fall! We were worried we wouldn't have much color this year because of several years of summer droughts. But we've recently noticed the trees changing and love the vivid colors. Love the pictures!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Beautiful photos, Sia. Look at all the kitties. My husband would have a heart attack if we had that many cats around.

Ciara said...

The book sounds great. Wow, that is a lot of cats.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Is this where I say that there were 5 other cats we have that weren't pictured? I have outside hunters and only a few come into the house.

An invasion, lol! I have 25 acres, a huge barn and several out buildings where you can find many of these fur babies. My cats come to their names and are all great hunters. Nary a mouse anywhere to be seen--well there have been a few *remains*.

Choad, the tiger striped to the right is 13 and furthest black back between Callie on the back right and Jag, is 6. I have one, Shadow, not shown here that is almost 15.

Ah, the leaves are still gorgeous but today, you can see they are now past their prime of color. They peaked on the 15th. We Won't have naked trees until end of October beginning November. But it still is nice to see...

Melanie Schulz said...

looks like a lovely walk to take.

LynNerdKelley said...

Beautiful photos, and that book sounds like a good read. Thanks for sharing!

Laura Eno said...

That does sound like a good read!

What gorgeous pictures and all those cats! :D

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Sia, the book sounds very good. Thanks. Oh wow, the photos... beautiful.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Thank you. I enjoying taking pictures. I'm not a professional but I do have quite a few framed and hanging in various places. I have a lovely place for pictures. :-)

~Sia McKye~ said...

And Robynne's story is a good one. She's been experimenting with covers. So, I hoping her next revision will hit the mark with a cover that matches the beautiful story.

~Sia McKye~ said...

I do have a fabulous pride of cats, though, don't I?

Cynthia said...

Saying hello from the blog hop! Thanks for sharing the book, and I like your pictures.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sia .. Robynne's book "Remembering you" - does sound good very interesting ... I can relate to the family in denial, and the overload of work - I've seen it though not experienced it (as I was in and out of Nursing Centres with my mother)... I'd love to read the book to see how Genna copes and how her story develops.

It's on my TBB list ..

Thanks so much for the extra comment over on the blog ... I'm going along just fine and seem to have been blessed with the right perspective on life .. I am very lucky in this respect. Big hugs back!

Cheers Hilary

J.L. Campbell said...

I know the author and def. want to read that book. The cover gives it a whimsical feel.

Sounds like you enjoyed your outing.

C.M.Brown said...

You certainly have a lot of cats! Thanks for sharing the photos and the Remembering You with us.

Anne Gallagher said...

Oh Sia, I can't thank you enough for this lovely endorsement. I'm sorry I wasn't here yesterday -- I've been sick and painting (still) so haven't been on the blogs.

I want you to know that I so appreciate your support with this book. I still get misty-eyed when I read your review. Thanks again so much. It truly means the world to me.

And I love your kitties. Wish I could have as many.

~Sia McKye~ said...

You are very welcome Anne! It's a story worth endorsing! Characters are great. You paint such a good picture of a big Italian family, their attitudes, interactions, and love.

Carol Kilgore said...

Remembering you sounds wonderful! And speaking of wonderful, thanks so much for sharing your autumn photos. Seeing the leaves is about the only thing I miss by living in South Texas.

Love the cats!

Gossip_Grl said...

Very nice pics and great review. I will have to search for the book suggestion. Definitely enjoyed reading your posting

Stephen Tremp said...

Those cats are outright scary. They're always up to something. One day we;ll know, but it will be too late.

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow! A trail of kitties! How wonderful is that?!!?

Awwww!

Yay for Robyn Rand!! Her Genna truly has her work cut out for her! So I do hope for a great ending for this feisty heroine!

Take care
x