Monday, March 18, 2013

MONDAY'S MUSINGS--RAIN/SNOW? REALLY?



Hope you all had a great St. Paddy's. Ours was interrupted by rain/snow. It's the new catchword this spring around here. Rain/snow. It's almost April I'm still contending with rain/snow. It's not even one word, but two, although you wouldn't know it if you listen to the weather forecasts--or read them. 

To have rain/snow it has to be cool. Okay, cold. That whole windchill factor and gusty winds just wrecked havoc with my desire to do a jig. Or even move at all. It just cut right through to the bones and mine aren't real happy, right now, with rain/snow. The good news is, today, temps are back up to 50 and we have drizzle. But tomorrow and Wednesday we get sunshine and nice southwest breeze that reminds me again that it really is spring.

I have to tell you, not only do I have an aversion to rain/snow, but cold dark days and I don't get along well either. Ugh. I get the urge to hibernate. Creativity is at a low and so is my mood. In the defense of rain/snow and icky gray days I've surrounded myself with bright lights and flower catalogs. Not as good as the real thing but it focused my mind onto something else. 

At least the birds are singing outside my window. I'm planning on reveling in the sunshine the next two day because Thursday and Friday plan on dumping more rain/snow and cold temps. Oh, and another word I don't like to hear, accumulation--as in a chance of snow accumulation. 

All I gotta say is April better come in like a lamb.


24 comments:

Karen Walker said...

Buds are beginning to bloom here in Albuquerque. But we could still get the rain/snow thing. Spring is so iffie.
Karen

Karen Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Walker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen Walker said...

Buds are beginning to bloom here in Albuquerque. But we could still get the rain/snow thing. Spring is so iffie.
Karen

David P. King said...

I second that. Who's ready for Spring? >This Guy< :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'll take your snow!

Houston A.W. Knight said...

Hey Hon,

It's been ages since we've talked...tried to IM you several times and didn't hear from you...wanted to be sure you're all right...

e me.

Hawk

Talli Roland said...

Ugh, I feel your pain. Not so much on the snow front, but the RAIN! Ergh...

~Sia McKye~ said...

KAREN--iffie is a good word. My daffs don't like this weather but they're tough. :-)

David--you bet I'm ready! Dag-blamed weather.

~Sia McKye~ said...

ALEX- Did you want that delivered by Dump truck or just by the bag? Trust me, you can have all you want. Be glad to share. :-)

~Sia McKye~ said...

Talli-while we need the rain and all this not so lovely precipitation, it doesn't mean I have to like it, right?

~Sia McKye~ said...

Me darlin' Hawk-tis good to see you.

As for the IMs, my Yahoo is on the fritz. I haven't used it in months! I'll email you later-I'm working today and popping in during my break. I'll have another after on. Mondays are incredibly l o n g. Ugh.

Hugs my friend!

Johanna Garth said...

Spring is always like that here too. Although we haven't had rain/snow...just rain and a couple of almost warm teaser days.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sia .. the weather is being mighty strange - they have a dump of snow in the north of England/Scotland ... it's not warm down here, but ok!

Ok is better than nout!!! But really like you April would be quite wonderful if it came in all normal - warmer, longer days (yea we got those) and some sun, which of course = Spring!!

For both of us ... similar thoughts - cheers .. Hilary

Kittie Howard said...

It snowed here during the night. The winter wonderland was beautiful this morning, but, oh, enough is enough!

hibilala said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Sia McKye~ said...

Johanna, teaser days, I love 'em and hate them. Hate them when the next day is followed by winter again. :-)

Hilary, I hear you on 'mighty strange weather'. The northern part of most places in the Northern hemisphere is usually snow/ice dumping grounds. I live in the south USA and altho we do get snow that usually ends mid February. But we've gotten days of snow right into March. Yes, the longer days with sunshine are very welcome. Longing for spring and sunshine.

Stephen Tremp said...

You do what you have to do to stay happy. I surround myself with wine. hahaha. A bit of the Celtic Green might also do the trick

Clarissa Draper said...

Rain/Snow is horrible because everything freezes. What wacky weather we've been having. Here it's been super hot, like Mexican summer hot.

Liza said...

Today, ours is snow/rain...equally as disgusting and disheartening. On the bright side though, I got a half day from work, and time to check in here and listen to your lovely music.

Carol Kilgore said...

We had a very mild winter, and so far spring has been alternating cool/warm with a few hot days popping up here and there. It was 93 yesterday in San Antonio, but only about 80 today.

Jo said...

You want snow Alex, come visit me. We are still having lots of it. Didn't start til Feb and is making up for lost time.

Hope spring sprungs for you soon Sia.

L.G. Smith said...

Spring is coming! We actually get most of our snow in the spring, but it melts the next day. I am enjoying the lengthening days. I tend to do better in the sunshine too. :)

Ciara said...

It's already spring here. My poor son has a rash from the pollen and is already on meds. I think we need to move out west.