Wednesday, May 4, 2011

FANTASIZING RELAXATION

FYI:  I will be having oral surgery on Thursday and should be be feeling human in a few days so bare with me.


I like to welcome back romance author, Tawny Weber. I love having guests who return with new books. I’ll be the first to tell you that Tawny is an auto buy for me. Why? Because I always feel good after reading them. She makes me laugh and I love the way her characters interact. Her heroines are accomplished women with sassy attitudes and determination to succeed.   

While her characters’ romantic romps make me laugh, they do face some real conflicts which impacts on their relationship. I love the smooth flow of her scenes, and she does flirting and hot sizzle so well.

I know how incredibly busy authors are with promotion, editing, and trying to write the next book—there isn’t a lot of down time. I was teasing Tawny about what she would do with herself if she had nothing on her schedule except a free weekend…




Ooooh, Sia’s for Over Coffee. One of my favorite places!! I’ll have tea, please, along with a cranberry scone with lemon curd and lots and lots of cream. There’s nothing better to start the morning off than yummy treats, a shot of caffeine and great company!

Sia mentioned in passing the question: what would I do with an entire weekend of pure relaxation, with nothing else on my plate? Well, at first I sat staring off in space for a little bit, baffled as my brain tried to wrap itself around that concept. Then I had this giddy thought! I’d sleep. Lots and lots and lots of sleep. Oh, the glory of sleep. Because, well, I don’t tend to get a lot of it.

But then I realized that would be a horrible waste of a wonderful weekend. And that’s when I fell into full-blown fantasy mode...

The weekend would start with a good night’s sleep (any good fantasy weaves in just enough reality to make it believable, right?). I’d wake up on an island, with the windows thrown open and overlooking the white sands of the sun-drenched beach. On a table outside the sliding doors I’d expect a light, healthy breakfast of fruit and breads, tea and juices. I figure a healthy breakfast gets me geared up for a weekend of relaxation more than a decadent one, right?

I’d spend the weekend on the beach, sometimes under the warmth of the sun, sometimes under a big foofy umbrella that matches the tiny one stuck in my equally foofy alcoholic beverage. I’d read, I’d watch the people I love play in the water or dig a moat in the sand, I’d spend a few tiny moments bemoaning the fact that there is no cell or internet on the island so I can’t check on life outside (because, seriously, the only thing that would make me do no work at all is a complete withdrawal).

That evening, I’d dress up in a slinky sexy little number and a pair of gorgeous heels and go out to a romantic, candlelit dinner with my husband, followed by a moonlit walk on the beach. And the next day, I’d do it all over again.


You know what? Taking the 10 minutes to fantasize about this did more to relax me than the last massage I had! What a wonderful idea.

We should all take a little fantasy relaxation weekend...

Where would you go? And what would you do? And what’s the one thing that would be absolutely necessary to make sure you really, really relaxed?

 
JUST FOR THE NIGHT  Available May, 2011


Things to Do in Blackout…

Power outages happen, and you have to be prepared. After all, you could be trapped somewhere—like in an empty store—with your ex.

Who is still irresistible. And hot.

And who knows how to make the most out of a dark situation…


Checklist for: Larissa Zahn


· Food


· Water


· First aid kit (With condoms. Be prepared. Very, very prepared.)


· Someone you’re still overwhelmingly into (Jason Cantrell, I’m looking at you.)


· Plenty of time in the dark (Read: hot nookie. Lots of it.)


The ability to walk away without regrets in the morning…. (Uh oh!)


24 Hours: Blackout


No lights. No power. And no holding back…excerpt


~*~*~*~

Tawny Weber is usually found dreaming up stories in her California home, surrounded by dogs, cats and kids. When she’s not writing hot, spicy stories for Harlequin Blaze, she’s shopping for the perfect pair of boots or drooling over Johnny Depp pictures (when her husband isn’t looking, of course). In



Come by and visit her on the websitr at: http://www.tawnyweber.com/ or her
Blog
 
.

35 comments:

~Sia McKye~ said...

Tawny, welcome back to Over Coffee.

I have fresh brewed coffee and tea. Since I'm not in a baking mood, I took out some scones I baked and stored in the freezer for just such an occasion. Gotta love a huge freezer, lolol!

What a wonderful fantasy weekend!

Mine is similar, white sands, turquoise waters, balmy trade winds. No deadlines, chores, or to-do lists. I'd love to dress up and share good food, conversation, and fun with hubs.

Island dreaming...

Tawny said...

Sia, you are ever the gracious hostess. And now I have freezer envy *g* I've been wanting a big freezer for years!

Island dreaming - what a perfect title for our fantasy :-) And hey, its one of the few I have that features my husband instead of Johnny Depp. I'll have to tell him (hubby, not Johnny... can't break his heart!), he'll laugh.

And in advance, big hugs on the coming surgery!! I hope you have lots of relaxation and pampering planned for your recovery!!

Christine Wells said...

Ooh, I love this idea, Tawny and I don't think my fantasy would differ very much from yours (although I'd be with my honey and not yours, of course!)

Or maybe snuggled by the fire with the snow falling outside in a chalet somewhere on the Swiss Alps, a mug of hot chocoalate beside me and a Tawny Weber book in hand. Congrats on your latest release! I can't wait!

Suzanne Ferrell said...

MMmmmmmmmm, Good morning, Tawny and Sia! I think I'd want a drizzly weekend in a big lodge, complete with houseboy and cook. A roaring fire, warm, mulled wine...a good book, a great movie...friends to laugh with until the wee hours or the morning. And not a pregnant person in sight!!

Kat Sheridan said...

I heard "scones" quivering across the interwebz and came running! Tawny, loved the fantasy and laughed when the first thing you said was "sleep". I remember those days when I never thought I'd EVER sleep enough. Now that I'm retired, I adore my afternoon naps more than anything. There's something soooo decadent about snoozing while others are working! While I do miss working on occassion, retirement is pretty much living my fantasy--eat when I'm hungry, sleep when I'm tired, go to movies on Tuesday afternoons and have the whole theater to ourselves, and pretty much do what we want. Best of luck with your latest work--it sounds like a lot of fun!

Christie Kelley said...

What a wonderful post and it's great to fantasize on this dreary rainy day in MD.

I want to be in a snowy cabin with a warm fire, a nice bottle of wine and lots of books. Just some me time. The cabin would have to come with a cook and maid who would only interrupt me to clean up or bring me some wonderful food. Ah yes, a weekend to myself...where do I get one of those?

Jo said...

A beach wouldn't do it for me, I hate sand. Now a nice resort with a lovely pool and swim up bar - not too many people though - would suit me much better. As Kat Sheridan said, I am retired anyway, so pretty well do what I want including snoozing in the afternoon and writing a blog in the morning.

Best wishes for the surgery Sia and I think 'baring' with you is something for your hubby, not us LOL

~Sia McKye~ said...

Suzanne, that sounds good, too. I can just picture it the hush that comes with misty rain and smell the pines.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Christie,I'm so over snow. We had way too much of it this year.

I'm not sure where you sign up for a weekend to yourself with such accouterments, but I'll let you know if I find out.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Jo, both he and my son will have to deal with wounded mom, lol! Dan's very good about running things, though, and babying me when I need it.

jo robertson said...

Oooooh, I wanna be here just for the scones! Great place to hang out.

Tawny, I love your Blazes too. They're absolutely the best in the genre.

Hmmmm, I'd go where there's no TV to interrupt me, no cell for the same reason, no computer either, and my trust Kindle loaded with lots of my favorite authors' books. Oh, and there HAS to be a massage every day in there somewhere!

Beth Andrews said...

Hey, Sia! Hi, Tawny *g* I love Just For The Night and highly recommend it - Tawny's voice truly sparkles in this story! Of course, JFTN is also filled with Tawny's usual wit, lovely emotion and a few steamy scenes, too ;-)

Honestly, I'm not very good at having nothing to do (although I love your idea of just sleeping!) At this point, I'd just love a weekend where I could FINALLY catch up on my To-Do List. Can I have two weekends? One for the To-Do List and one just for relaxing?

Anna Campbell said...

Tawny! Sia! Hey, girls! Lovely to see you together here. Sia, I agree with you about Tawny's books. They're such a wonderful mixture of sexy humor and deep emotion. They get me every time. I've got Just for the Night put aside for this weekend which I've designated as attack the TBR pile weekend. Yeah, that's kinda my fantasy at the moment. Wonder if I'll turn it into reality!

Tawny, love the fantasy! Mine involves a Scottish accent, a kilt (on and off!) and a bare-chested Highlander. And that's ALL I'm saying, och aye the noo!

~Sia McKye~ said...

Now that's a fantasy I could sink teeth into Anna, okay, not teeth...and I want to take off the kilt, lol! I love u nwrapping presents, just sayin'

Oh, I'm bad. But you knew that,lol!

~Sia McKye~ said...

Beth, if I can find my magic wand, I grant you two weekends.

Yes, this book does show off Tawny's sparkle.

Tawny said...

Oooh, Christine... I think if it were the heat of summer instead of the sweet kiss of spring here, I'd be wishing for the Alps too :-D Nothing like cold snow and a hot fire to make curling up with a book so romantic and fun!!!

Smooches and thanks for stopping by :-) And thanks, too, for seeing my book in your fantasy hand LOL

Tawny said...

ROFLMAO Suz... no pregnant ladies in your fantasy??? Now that's a fun twist. A lodge filled with friends sounds great. Social and friendly (notice I was hermitty in my fantasy LOL)

Thanks for stopping by :-D You're a doll.

Tawny said...

Mmmm, Scones do have that effect, don't they, Kat? I love me a good scone. With lots of cream, of course LOL.

And now I have nap envy. There is nothing more indulgent, energizing and wonderful than a good nap! It sounds like you've got life working pretty well :-) YAY and congrats, retirement sounds lovely.

Tawny said...

Christie, I think the weekends to ourselves are on the third floor, behind women's lingerie that makes us look sexy and skinny.

Oooh, a cook and a maid. That sounds lovely, especially as they are keeping life smooth and easy while you read by the fire.

Nice fantasy :-D

Tawny said...

Jo, a swim up bar is definitely the makings of a great relaxation weekend!!! It sounds like that's all you'd need to top off your already perfectly relaxing retirement :-D

Tawny said...

Awww, Jo :-) You're such a sweetheart. Here, have another scone, have a dozen! and thank you :-D

An interruption free zone, a kindle filled with books AND massages... oh baby, you know how to relax!!! That sounds so decadent and wonderful :-D

Tawny said...

LOL Beth, leave it to you to snag an extra weekend just to prepare to relax :-D Sweetie, you are my kinda girl!

And I don't just say that because of all the lovely things you wrote about JFTN and sparkle and wit... Oh wit! I love wit *ggg* Thanks :-) For the kind words, and for all the help you always give me to make my stories as good as they can be.

Tawny said...

Ahhh, a man in (and out of) a kilt. Nothing yummier, unless you coat him in some of this leftover cream, Anna. Want a scoop?

Thank you so much for the blush-worthy praise :-) That means so much, and I appreciate it. I can't wait to hear what you think of JFTN - hopefully you're going to enjoy your weekend of reading (with or without the kilted Scotsman *g*)

Tawny said...

Yes, this book does show off Tawny's sparkle.


LOL - this made me want to check and see if my skirt was too short.

VA said...

Fantasy. That would have to be sailing the Caribbean again. I'd give up land and freshwater baths for a beautiful wood boat, some fine sails and hopefully a fun-loving crew. I know just the spot to anchor, the Baths in Virgin Gorda. *sigh

Well, the excerpt seems hostile--I have hope for our protagonists nonetheless. Sizzling, but with a whiff of brimstone.

Sia, I laughed too. I think Jo is referring to your homophone. I'm not a prude, but getting nakey with you involves at least some alcohol ;)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm a guy - you know what relaxes me!
And hope all goes well on Thursday, Sia.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Awww, thanks Alex. What relaxes you, hmmm, reading? LMAO! Yah, I kinda figured that one. But your sweetheart need to relax to um, relax with you.

I'm quitting now.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Tawny, you wear sparkles? Eye catching, I'm sure, lol!

Tawny said...

VA that sounds like such a fun fantasy - a little Captain Jack-esque and very romantic.

LOL on the hostility in the excerpt. Oh yeah, they've got some anger going on. Jason and Larissa were engaged and it ended very badly. So being trapped together in a 24 hour blackout ends up being quite an adventure :-)

Tawny said...

Ahhh, Alex... the manly fantasy :-)

Tawny said...

LOLOLOL Sia... sparkles DO catch the eye! Among other things :-)

Stephen Tremp said...

I still say you ladies can write stuff that make sailors blush LOL! You can take that as a compliment. Good to meet you, Tawny. Good luck with your writing!

Tawny said...

Making sailors blush is a special talent of ours :-D And it's lovely to meet you, too, Stephen! Thank you so much for the good wishes.

Helen Ginger said...

Shoot, I'd just copy your weekend!

Jo said...

I was commenting on you typo Sia, bare instead of bear.