Wednesday, August 7, 2013

MEET QUINCY MAC--A MAID IN LA




My guest is Holly Jacobs who has written a fun story in new series she has decided to self-publish. Holly tells some heartwarming stories and usually employing a good sense of humor. I haven’t read one of her stories I haven’t enjoyed. This one, though, with a reoccurring central character who finds all sorts of trouble and mysteries to solve, well, I’m really going to enjoy reading this series.



I have written for a lot of publisher and a lot of lines, but all my books have had one commonality...they were romances. Some were comedies, some just humorous, and some very serious. But they all centered on two characters meeting, falling in love and overcoming obstacles in order to be together.

For me, things changed when I met Quincy Mac.  She is a divorced, thirty-eight year old mother of three teens.  She moved from Erie, PA (come on, if you've read my books, you knew I had to tie Erie into it) to LA, hoping to become the next big star.  Instead…she became a maid.

It might not be what she expected, but Quincy's built a wonderful life.    Until... (come on, you know there had to be an until!) the day she accidentally cleans a murder scene and a particularly hunky cop questions her.  Now, most people, even if they accidentally cleaned not only the murder scene, but also the murder weapon, would sit back and let the cops figure out who the real murderer is.  But not Quincy Mac. You see, she has an uncle who was wrongly accused of a crime and spent two years in jail before the cops figured out he was innocent.  Quincy can't go to jail.  She has three boys to raise. She's going to be maid-of-honor in her best friend's wedding. And she's absolutely sure she's not someone who's meant to have a tattoo.    So, she sets out to find the real killer.  As she does, she finds a potential romance with the cop who’s trying to send her to death row…talk about obstacles that need to be overcome!

Right now, Quincy’s story only available for Kindle.  (I hope to have it on other platforms sometime in the future.  And there are two more Maid in LA Mysteries…Dusted, which should be out this fall.  (This time Quincy’s not solving a mystery to keep herself out of jail, but to save her business’s reputation!) and Spruced Up (a Christmas novella—Quincy heads home to Erie, PA for Christmas and finds another mystery to solve!). 

 PS. Here are a few unbiased reviews:
Hey, at least it’s not a romance. ~Holly’s son.  
 
“Dear God, not another cop character.  Any police procedural inaccuracies are all Holly’s.  They are not the fault of her personal police models.  Of course, the fact that she portrays cops as hunks is totally accurate.” ~Holly’s husband and two brothers (aka...the cops)
  
 *“Holly is a fantastic writing talent…not that I’m biased.”   ~Holly’s favorite daughter* 
 *“Holly Jacobs is an auto-buy for me.  Not that I buy her books…she gives them to me.”  ~Holly’s favorite daughter* 
 *“Holly makes me laugh…so do her books.”  ~Holly’s favorite daughter*  
 *DISCLAIMER: Holly has three daughters…she has no favorites.
                                                                                                                                                                                        


BUY; AMAZON
STEAMED-A Maid in LA Mystery

Cleaning is Murder on the Manicure

Quincy Mac went to Hollywood with stars in her eyes.  Twenty years later, she's not a star, but she's built a good life.  She's got friends, three boys she loves and a thriving cleaning business. That's right, she's a co-owner of Mac'Cleaners, LA's premiere maid service.

Her ex and his newest wife take the boys on summer vacation and Quincy's imagining a quiet night with ice cream and a chick flick.  She just has one last cleaning job to finish first.  But there's a problem...a dead body in the bedroom.

Turns out, she's steamed and cleaned a murder scene.  Quincy's a suspect.  She sets out to find the real killer before she ends up in prison for a murder she didn't commit. Excerpt 



                                                                                                                                            


40 comments:

HollyJacobs said...

Sia, Thanks so much for inviting me over for coffee this morning! I'm so glad you enjoyed meeting Quincy. She is definitely a character of my heart!

Holly

Yolanda Renee said...

Love it and will be putting these books on my TBR list - Dusted, and Steamed! Awesome!

HollyJacobs said...

Thank you so much Yolanda! I so hope you enjoy Quincy and her gang!!

Holly

Isis Rushdan said...

Congratulations, Holly. Loved the quotes! Steamed sounds like a good read.

HollyJacobs said...

Isis,

Thank you! I spent an entire day chuckling over my quotes! And I hope you're right and Steamed is a good read!

Holly

~Sia McKye~ said...

Holly, she's a hoot. I'm looking forward to reading about her adventures!

I'll be in and out today since. I'm working most of this morning but will check in this afternoon.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Iris, it's so good to see you! I've missed you. Those quotes cracked me up and were very creative but then, Holly is creative and it's a great example of her sense of humor.


Yolanda I think you'll enjoy the series. BTW. Would you please leave me a link to your blog--I can't find it, darn it. :-)

HollyJacobs said...

G'morning, Sia! I like your word for me...creative. My family doesn't tend to be that generous! They use the term nuts a lot!

Holly

Crystal Collier said...

Goodness, this sounds like a fun read. No qualms about e-reading here, but I am scrounging for spare time. Have any you can loan me? ;)

TBR list...

HollyJacobs said...

Hi, Crystal! I'm so glad you think it sounds like a fun read! I'll confess, I love my Kindle, but still love the heft and smell of an actual book! It's nice to have options!

Holly

cleemckenziebooks said...

Looks like a great book for enjoying by the pool or lounging on a deck chair. Funny and clever.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Well that is quite a twist! She was an efficient maid, that's for sure.

HollyJacobs said...

Clee,

Thanks so much! That was the feel I was going for with this book. When I started writing, it was straight up comedy. My first Harlequin was called, I Waxed My Legs for This? Over the years, I've written sweet humor, and I write much more serious dramas now. But comedy is my touchstone!

Holly

HollyJacobs said...

Alex,

She is very efficient. She's someone who takes pride in her work!

Holly

Johanna Garth said...

Quincy Mac sounds like a go-getter cool character!!

HollyJacobs said...

Thanks, Johanna! I really hope everyone enjoys her as much as I did as I wrote her!

Holly

Carol Kilgore said...

This sounds so cool! I just added this to my Amazon list. Hope to make it over there this weekend.

Hi, Sia. Hope your feet are still dry.

HollyJacobs said...

Carol,

Thanks so much for adding it to your list!! I really hope you like it!

Holly

L. Diane Wolfe said...

She's a fun a quirky character. Sounds like you've set yourself up for a good series.

HollyJacobs said...

I hope so, Diane! Thanks!

She's one of those characters who's been nudging at me for a long while! I'm so glad I finally got to bring her to life!

Holly

Jo said...

Sounds a good series. Always nice to read unbiased crits too.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

These sounds like some FUN books to read, with a sense of humor that's right up my alley. Amazon, here I come!

HollyJacobs said...

Jo, LOL I'm so glad you enjoyed those unbiased reviews. I went to a tough group. LOL

Holly

HollyJacobs said...

Susan,

Thanks so much for giving it a try! I hope you enjoy Quincy and her gang!

Holly

~Sia McKye~ said...

Hall--families are rarely generous in their names for us,lol! where we see fun and quirky they see driven and a pain in the arse when we're on a writing mission.

I'm just glad you let this fun character out of the *thinking box* and into a book so Quincy can be enjoyed.

HollyJacobs said...

Sia,

Oh, yeah on families. Mine have become worried on more than one occasion when they walk by the office and hear me laughing, or even crying.

And thanks! I'm just wrapping up Quincy's second book, and I'm loving her growing collection of friends. And in the book, you get to know her kids a bit more.

Thanks again for inviting me over for a cup of coffee!!

Holly

~Sia McKye~ said...

Carol, feet are dry. Mostly, unless I walk across the yard and then I'm either sinking 8 inches in wet soil or splashing in the standing water in the yard and upper fields.

Dan and I went down to look at the ponds and at the new creek running through the lower hayfields--the lake has abated somewhat. We were noticing the signs of just how high that water was earlier this morning.

We've taken a major hit with flooding in our area. We're doing pretty good but so many aren't.

HollyJacobs said...

Sia, Oh, man...stay safe. I'm glad you're okay so far. The weather this year has been crazy!

Holly

~Sia McKye~ said...

Jo and Susan. it was those *unbiased* tag lines that got me laughing and thinking, man, this is going to be a fun series. I like taking a break from serious dramas or heavy suspense with something like this story.

Laughter is truly the best medicine and Holly never fails to deliver that laughter in her humorous stories. Even in her more serious stories you catch a glimpse of humor or laugh at a witty zing.

HollyJacobs said...

Sia,

To be honest, that's why I still love writing comedy. My Valley Ridge series for Super is a heavy one that deals with dementia, injuries, losing a child, homelessness. Playing with Quincy was just the fun I needed! LOL

Holly

~Sia McKye~ said...

That makes perfect sense, Hall! As a reader I like to mix it up as a writer it's the same. I think mixing it up keeps a writer fresh.

Yah, the weather has been wonky. I have to say, I'm a bit nervous to see what comes this winter as far as precipitation. If this stuff keeps up then we could get substantial snow or worse, ice storms. I'll take the snow, tyvm.

It's always a pleasure to have you visit Over Coffee!

celeste holloway said...

Hello, Sia, Holly!

I'll have to check this book out! You won me over with your unbiased reviews! :)

Misha Gericke said...

This sounds like such a fun character. And Holly sounds awesome. :-)

HollyJacobs said...

Sia, Here on Lake Erie, we tend to get hammered with snow most years, but I'm with you...with the wonky weather, I get nervous! Hope we both have an easy one!

Holly

HollyJacobs said...

Celeste,

Thank you so much! I'll tell the kids they do indeed have uses! LOL

Holly

HollyJacobs said...

Thanks so much, Misha...on both counts!

Holly

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Holly, Hi, Sia,

Holly ... what a great premise on our books. And I really like the quirky covers! Nothing like putting a bit of humor in a murder mystery.

Looking forward to reading them! All the best!

Sia,

Thanks for sharing Holly and her books with us! Hope all is well your your world...

HollyJacobs said...

Michael,

Thanks so much on both counts. The woman who's been designing my covers is amazing! I can't wait to see what she does with the Christmas one!

Holly

~Sia McKye~ said...

Michael, All is well in my very wet world. Family and animals are safe and mostly dry. We just need to get through the next week of rain.

I love the cover of Holly's book, too. That wicked little smile of the maid...yah. Fun.

HollyJacobs said...

Sia,

I loved that maid. I just put a picture of her in book two. It's in Quincy's office...

>

LOL