Monday, June 25, 2012

MONDAY MUSING—In Need Of Brakes or Is It Breaks?




Has anyone seen my brakes? The one that slows down life to a manageable trot rather than a mad sprint to collapse?  Whoever has them give ‘em back, dammit.

Last summer wasn’t this crazy, but then I wasn’t terribly healthy at the time and didn’t notice stuff and what I did notice was a case of Pfft, who cares? This summer I’m totally present and pulling out my hair in the race to beat summer to the fall with all the accumulated chores of the past couple of years. They gotta get done before winter and snow and ice—I say that with temps over 90 degrees outside. I’m desperately striving for organizing chaos and feeling one step behind everything. Some days are middling, others fair (as in fair to middling), but some days are spot on. There is hope. 

But all this does underline the fact I’m not as present online as I have been. No offense to anyone or their writing or their blogs. I’m allotting the alphabet designations for the TO DO list, x-amount of time for online, y-amount for my writing, and zzzzz.

On to breaks and Guest blogging.


Something I don’t get asked to do very much is be a guest on someone’s blog. At least not as much as I did a few years ago. But Jo thought a break was in store for me so that’s where I’ll be *Musing* today.

JO ON FOOD, MY TRAVELS, AND A SCENT OF CHOCOLATE   My topic is, GEMSTONES—A POWER FOR HEALING? Can they be a force to heal or is it an old wives tale?

What are your thoughts on using gems as a means to heal? Stop by Jo's and share your thoughts on the matter.

20 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sia .. I'm just glad you're better this year .. this past year for you hasn't been easy.

I think we've lost our 'feeling' and thus link to and for nature .. so these healing aspects aren't apparent to most of us. Some peoples and some individuals within our society can tap in - thankfully we seem to be looking at life more holistically.

Looking forward to the read over at Jo's .. cheers Hilary

welcome to my world of poetry said...

I think a a lot can be said for the natural approach to healing, though things at present could be better for me I rather have an hour of relaxation then some anti depressants.It worked for me years ago. Now other health issues and family problems have taken their toil I have started already on my recovery plan,

Have a great day,
Yvonne.

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kat Sheridan said...

While you're out in all that sunshine, don't forget to take a few minutes to stop and smell the roses. Best medicine in the world.

James Rafferty said...

Hi Sia. A lot of times, it just feels like there is way too much to do and not so much time to enjoy the ride. So we need to grab the moments to relax when we can, which may involve cutting back on certain activities. Another reason why for me vacation time is non-negotiable.

Heather M. Gardner said...

I need life to move slower but me to move faster.
Does that make any sense?
Best of luck on your list of chores. 1 item at a time and you will feel like you are accomplishing something.
Thanks for coming by to see me!
Heather

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If you get bored, there's things to do around my house as well.

olmpic station park said...

Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world i am really impress your work Stay Blessings On your Work...God Bless You.
web designers in bradford
cheap bikes

~Sia McKye~ said...

Oh, I do Kat. Being outside is very good medicine and I do take the time to sit in the shade, drink some water, and listen to the sounds of birds and insects. I watch the world of nature go by--we don't have all that many cars or people out here beyond the back 40. :-)

~Sia McKye~ said...

Heather, I know. You're singin' my song. I tend to start on one and in the process of moving this thing here or carrying that thing there, I'll see something else and start on that. It does feel good to tick things off the list.

~Sia McKye~ said...

*Phthpppt. I'll let you take care of your house Alex. Even being single minded I won't get everything done at mine. :-)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad to have met you this year and to know you are having a full and busy summer. Not sure about the gemstones in healing. I just bought some aromatherapy essentials oils...I am WAY behind the times! lol

~Sia McKye~ said...

Glad to have met you too!

Aromatherapy is one I like. The oils are wonderful and I use scents frequently. I think it's all about going back to realizing we respond to things in nature because we were created from this earth. Makes sense that many things from the earth would be good for us.

M Pax said...

Licorice helped me. So, I believe there are things out there that seem so innocent, but can do so much more.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I haven't been asked to do a guest post in a long time, but then, I did so many at one time I think that made up for it.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Absolutely. Licorice has medicinal properties (besides being good to munch on by way of black jelly beans) lol!

And that's the point, there is much more out there that have been used for thousands of years and worked. Then we got away from that sort of natural healing--eschewed it entirely--and went with western medicine.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Diane, I'd say you more than made up for it. I just haven't done many guest spots of late. I enjoy them.

Talli Roland said...

Hi Sia! So glad you're feeling better. I remember how ill you were last year.

I think blogs tend to quiet down a bit in the summer. It's hard to be as present when the sun is actually shining and all you want to do is run around outside!

Ciara said...

I'm so glad you are better this summer. It's so tough when you aren't feeling well.

Stephen Tremp said...

I used to think Acupuncture was a farse, but I tried it a few times and have to admit there was very positive effects. So I'm not sure about gems. But it may be worth trying. Hope you're getting better real fast!