Wednesday, December 4, 2013

KATHRYNE KENNEDY: MEET, PIKACHU, MY RESCUE PUPPY!




It's my pleasure to, again, have Kathryne Kennedy (and Pikachu) visiting Over Coffee. It's been a while since I've had the privilege of having her here. As you may know she writes some fabulous stories involving all manner of magical creatures and I particularly enjoy her Relics of Merlin series.  

Hello Sia and friends! It’s wonderful to be back here talking with you all again! Although I have already posted about my new puppy on my personal blog, I had to share some new photos and news about her! I named my new girl Pikachu, and if any of you have kids who play Pokemon, you’ll know where I took the name from.

I found her on the following website, and it was such a thrill to see the words ADOPTED, and know that I was the one they referred to: http://www.adoptapet.com/pet/9725112-buckeye-arizona-chihuahua-mix
This is a wonderful place to find a new dog if you are looking for one, so you might want to go to the site when you can browse for a while.

This poor puppy was part of the ‘miracle litter’, because she was scheduled for euthanizing along with her brothers. Theirs is kind of a sad story, but if you have the stomach for it, you can read about them all here: http://www.homeanimalrescue.com/litter1.html#top


Otherwise, just know that she was rescued by some amazing people, and found a wonderful new home with me. I adore her, as you can probably tell from my photos. The first picture cracks me up, cause I swear she looks like she’s laughing at me. And see the little brush in the background? Yeah, I try, but she thinks it’s another game, and winds up attacking the brush and then stealing it from me.

In the second photo I am talking to her, and like usual, she’s trying to understand what I’m saying. She’s a quick learner, and I swear she already knows what I’m telling her most of the time.

In the third picture, you can see the mix of Chihuahua and…I’m guessing maybe a dachshund? I’m not sure, but whoever her parents are, they made an adorable puppy. 

In the fourth, she’s doing one of her favorite things: snuggling into the covers. She loves to dive in them and growl and pretend she’s a commando. 



In the fifth, she has dropped her toy over the edge of the bed, and in the last picture, you can see why I can’t find her half of the time. I have brown floors and carpet, and she blends in like a little ghost. I’ll say, “Where’s Pikachu?” And look down and there she is, staring up at me with a grin. Sheesh, I love this little dog.

I've written several books that include animals, including fantasy creatures like shapeshifters in the Relics of Merlin series. I think my love of animals has inspired many of the critters I write about. 

I’d love to hear about your pets, and how they came to be a part of your lives.

My Magical Best,
Kathryne

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

BUY: AmazonBarnes and NobleChapters/Indigo,
 IndieBoundiBookstore
EVERLASTING ENCHANTMENT  STORES DECEMBER 2013

Power Magic is Afoot …

Millicent Pantere has lived her entire life in the notorious London Underground. She cares nothing for the problems of the crown or the intrigues of society. But the ladies of the realm are acting strangely, and Millicent is coerced into tracking down the rumors of a mysterious man—a magic man who comes in the night and disappears at dawn.

And So the Hunt Begins…

Millicent's search leads her to one of Merlin's legendary relics and the seductive knight whose fate is bound up with it. Centuries ago, Sir Gareth Solimere made the mistake of seducing the wrong woman, and he has been trapped ever since by a diabolical curse. He's looking for the one who can break the enchantment—but in this world, there is no love without betrayal...



                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     



Kathryne Kennedy is a critically acclaimed, bestselling, award-winning author of magical romances. She’s lived in Guam, Okinawa, and several states in the U.S., and currently lives with her wonderful family in Glendale, Arizona. For more information and ongoing contests, please visit www.kathrynekennedy.com.








24 comments:

~Sia McKye~ said...

KATHRYNE--Pikachu is darling!

My sister had a standard chihuahua very similar in body shape as Pikachu. The same ears and longish body and Benito was a registered chihuahua. The toy models are built different than the standards.

With the exception of Roe, my oldest black cat, Black Magic my stud Dane and Gidget my remaining female Dane, all my animals are rescued. I rescued Magic's mother from someone who had no clue on raising a Dane.

Rex, my retriever mix and Isis a red nosed pit pup, were either abandoned or slated for death. I have 9 cats and all but one were rescued animals. The latest is Budda baby, a tiny black kitten who had been dropped off near the house and my son was walking the his pit, Isis, and found him sitting on our fence post. We have coyotes and it's a miracle he wasn't eaten. Might be why he was on the fence post of our yard. Coyotes don't come in the yard.

Of course, most animals and some people find their way to Sia's house for rescue. My husband grumbles but is resigned to it after all these years. Poor guy.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Oh my GOSH Pikachu must be the most beautiful furry friend that I've ever seen in my life!!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, SIa , Hi, Kathryn,

I LOVE you new little pal. And the name you chose is really cute.

I hope you guys have many, many years of happiness together!!!!! What a great way to start the holiday season!

Hey, Sia, I will be having a coffee blog hop REALLY soon. I just need to set the date. I hope you can make it…

I am giving away authentic COLOMBIAN coffee. THE BEST…. in honor of my recent trip there… Should be fun!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

So sad when animals have to be put to sleep. Glad you were able to rescue this one. We don't have any now, but I always had labs when I was growing up. They chew everything.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

She is adorable! We have two rescue cats. They showed up at our door one day and never left.

Wendy said...

What a gorgeous little puppy! Love people who rescue dogs ... and any other animal for that matter :)

Author Kathryne Kennedy said...

Hi Sia! OMGoodness! You are a rescue pro. I had no idea you had so many of them. Glad I wrote the post, found out much more about you. I find that the kindest of people are those who have the most love of animals...
Thank you so much for having me here today! It's always such a pleasure. Big hug, Kathryne

Author Kathryne Kennedy said...

Hi Optimistic! Thank you! I wholeheartedly agree. :}

Author Kathryne Kennedy said...

Hi Michael! It's wonderful to meet you! Best wishes with your hop, and thank you kindly for the good wishes for me and my new little one.

Author Kathryne Kennedy said...

Hi Alex! I never had a lab, but I think all puppies chew stuff. The trick is to redirect them toward stuff they can chew that's good. My dogs LOVE the bones that have the red chicken flavor stuff in them called Dingo. Try those next time. Best wishes!

Author Kathryne Kennedy said...

Hi L. Diane! How wonderful of you to take them in. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting.

Author Kathryne Kennedy said...

Hi Wendy! Me too. :} Thanks so much for your comment!

Jo said...

Cute little dog, great name too. I wish you lots of years with Pikachu. No pets now but used to have three German Shepherds then later a mutt who was the cleverest dog.

Your books sound interesting, will look into getting hold of them.

cleemckenzie said...

So glad you saved this fella. I don't have to leave my house to rescue animals. People think that dumping them in a forest (where I happen to live) is perfect, that those kittens and puppies will have the natural instincts to survive.

Think again.

We have mountain lions and coyotes here and a lot of those domestic pets don't stand a chance unless they find a door like mine.

Thanks for being a humane human.

J.L. Campbell said...

Ooh, that puppy is a cutie. Unfortunately, I haven't had a pet in years.

Love the cover on Kathryne's book.

Julie Flanders said...

Oh my gosh, this pup is an absolute doll! My dog and cat are both rescues and they are so precious to me. I love animals to pieces!

Great to meet you, Kathryne! Your books sound fantastic. And thanks for sharing, Sia!

Sherry Ellis said...

What an adorable dog! Too cute!

M. J. Joachim said...

Oh what a cute little puppy! So glad she found a good home.

catslady said...

How adorable. I'm afraid I could talk all day about my pets lol. I've had to wonderful dogs and many, many cats. I help ferals/strays and at the moment have 5 cats inside (had 7) and more outside. I wish I could have brought them all in but I have found homes for many too. I've never met an animal lover that I haven't liked :)

catslady5(at)aol.com

nutschell said...

What a cutie! Those puppy dog eyes just get me :)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Mark Koopmans said...

Always nice to hear a positive story about "lost" dogs and this is obviously one lucky puppy.

I swear, I really believe that rescue animals *know* they've been given an extra chance. I wouldn't get our pets any other way :)

Merry Christmas, Sia :)

Ella said...

What a wonderful post-she is adorable~ Yes, I agree with Mark-one lucky pup!

I too love rescuing pets!

Congrats to Kathryne I do love magic!

This both has it on both levels!!
Great post Sia!

Carol L. said...

What a precious puppy. I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us. I just can't imagine anyone being cruel to animals or basically just dumping them . Thanks for the post.
Congrats on the release of Everlasting Enchantment.
Carol L
Lucky4750 (at) aol (dot) com

jmcgaugh said...

Pikachu looks adorable. I haven't had a dog since I was 9, but I've had a number of cats over the years. Right now, I just have Annabelle, who was left behind by my daughter when she moved away from home to an apartment. Annabelle is getting on in years, now, but she's still pretty feisty.
jmcgaugh (at) semo (dot) edu