Friday, September 28, 2012

TAMMY FAULKNER—A LONE WOMAN IN A SEA OF TESTOSTERONE



My guest is romance author, Tammy Faulkner. For those who may not recognize the nameyet, she's part of the dynamic writing duo known as Lydia Dare. 
Tammy is here, today, to share her magically sinful fairy tale of a fae who's mission is to save the Duke of Robinsworth by improving his attitude, among other things. It's a sassy tale complete with mayhem and a wicked grandmothernot quite the same sort of wicked you would associate with fairy tales, but definitely shocking. Well, at least to the ton. *giggle* A woman, I mean Fae, after me own heart. And then there is Ronald...   
So how does an author, who has a houseful of rough and tumble males and has a touch-me-not attitude, manage to write such wonderful happily ever after stories? It's a mystery. *grin* I love mysteries and Tammy's latest story!


I am a lone woman in a sea of testosterone. That sounds like a book in the making, doesn't it? If you know me, you know that I am a mom of boys.  There’s not a girl in sight at my house, aside from the dogs and they don’t really count because they will often side with the boys over me, mainly because the boys drop more food than I do when they’re eating.  It’s a fact of life.  He who is the messiest eater is loved the most by the dogs.  Go figure.

I think this sea of manliness and me being adrift in it is one of the many reasons I write romance.  Don’t get me wrongI love nothing quite as much as sitting on the bleachers during a football game and watching boys pound one another into submission.  Or rooting from the edges of a gymnastics competition for my youngest son as he flips and twirls and does amazing things with his body that I could never even dream of.  But in the midst of all this manliness is still… me.  And I’m a female.  I believe in the happily ever after. I believe in love and romance and that little quiver in your stomach when you see the person you love and you didn't expect him or her to be there.  (And I still have that little feeling even after twenty years with my husband.)

I got honored by my lovey dovey friend the other day with one of those “I’m thinking about you,” posts today on Facebook.  She’s famous for them, and I always give her a hard time when she posts them for her brother and sisters.  By “hard time” I mean that I interrupt their love fests with my own e-hacking and e-puking emoticons.  Her love posts are always something wonderful and glowing, like her own little bit of sunshine she’s spreading around the world.  My own sister would fall out on the floor, either laughing like crazy or with dead shock if I ever posted such a thing on her page.  With all my romance novels and all my own ways of sharing love with the masses, I am not a very affectionate person.  My family calls me the touch-me-not because I am sort of one of those “don’t slobber on me” people when someone tries to hug me. 

I am a little envious of the hug-givers—they seem like they are so welcoming and so full of sunshine.  Yet I can’t always make myself hug them back.  My blank stare turns into something akin to panic and then my hand shoots out to shake with them instead.  Then I feel bad.

I write romance novels because I believe in the happily-ever-after.  But you won’t often catch me being one of those lovey-dovey sorts of people.  I wish sometimes that I could do it.  But it’s just not me. 

However, I think I’m going to go try to post some love on my sister’s Facebook page and see how it goes. She’ll either be really touched by it and say awwwww.  Or she’ll fall out laughing.  I will admit that my friend’s lovey dovey post did make me feel kind of warm and fuzzy for a bit so maybe there’s something to it.  I’m going to test it out and see.


  • How about you?  Do you practice random acts of kindness?  
  • Do you share lovely little thoughts for your friends in public?  
  • Or do you just go around hugging everybody?



BUY: AMAZON, B&N, INDIEBOUND

A LADY AND HER MAGIC Tammy Falkner


Rules Are Made to be Disobeyed...

Sophia Thorne is new to the Regency's glittering high society, which resembles her magical homeland only insofar as both places are filled with ridiculous rules. Which means no matter where she goes, she's bound for trouble...

And Scandals Are Meant to be Shocking...

The Duke of Robinsworth has flaunted and shocked society for years. In a moment of fateful mischief, Robinsworth encounters the enchanting and distinctly scandalous Sophia. Between her streak of magical mischief and his penchant for scandal, they're about to take rule-breaking to a whole new level...EXCERPT

Do click on the cover. It enlarges and I love the cover art!




As half of the Lydia Dare writing team, Tammy Falkner has co-written ten books, including A Certain Wolfish Charm and In the Heat of the Bite. A huge fan of Regency England, her new series explores the theory that the fae can walk between the glittering world of the ton and their own land. Tammy lives on a farm in rural North Carolina with her husband and a house full of boys, a few dogs, and a cat or two.

For more information, please visit http://www.tammyfalkner.com and follow her on Twitter, @TFalkner.