Friday, February 24, 2012

STEPHEN TREMP: SHARING LAUGHTER AND COFFEE



My guest is Sci-Fi author, Stephen Tremp. He's the author of The Breakthrough Trilogy and Opening, is the second book in the series. He's sharing his latest book and some laughter with us. 

Thanks Sia for hosting me on my Grand OPENING Tour!  I opted for some Bloopers and Boners that had to be edited out of the Star Trek episodes to share with your readers. 
Enjoy!

 

~@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@~




A scientific breakthrough of such magnitude it could radically alter the future of humanity—for better or worse—is in the wrong hands. Graduate students from M.I.T. have stolen a breakthrough in wormholes from renowned Professor of Physics Nicholas Fischer. Their leader, Nick Fischer Jr., has convinced the group to assassinate powerful politicians and World Bank executives, privy to the discovery, to prevent them from using it for their own New World Order agenda and egregious profits. Using wormholes for swift, traceless, attacks and exits, they execute the first mission. Fischer Sr. is arrested for the murders, having been framed by his son.
Chase Manhattan, man of danger, and part of a new breed of modern-day discovery seekers, desires to settle down. He’s met a beautiful woman he hadn’t seen since high school and seeks a long-lasting relationship. Ready to leave crime-solving behind, he’s taking a position as an associate professor of physics at UC Irvine. His idyllic plans are interrupted when he uncovers the scheme. Excerpt (starring the antagonist) 
You can also read the first chapter on Amazon.




Stephen Tremp has a background in information systems, management, and finance and draws from this varied and complex experiential knowledge to write one-of-a-kind thrillers. His novels are enhanced by current events at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and other scientific research facilities around the world. These potential advances have the ability to change the way we perceive our universe and our place in it! You can visit Stephen Tremp at Breakthrough Blogs.

40 comments:

~Sia McKye~ said...

Welcome back to Over Coffee, Steve! I'm glad to have you visiting.

I sure appreciate the laughter with these Trekkie bloopers, lol! It made it a bit difficult to hold the coffee pot steady between warp speed and the laughter.

I love your cover.

Stephen Tremp said...

Thanks Sia for hosting me again. This is the second time as you hosted me for my Breakthrough Blog Tour in 2010. Always a pleasure to stop by and chit chat with your peeps over coffee.

Stephen Tremp said...

And thanks for posting a link with an excerpt from OPENING toward the end of the post. Gotta love a good bad guy!

Unknown said...

Hi Stephen. I enjoyed the bloopers.

dalecoz said...

I'm not sure why the last comment came out as unknown. I'll try my LiveJournal ID.

Medeia Sharif said...

Ha ha. Thanks for the laugh. I'm glad I stopped by.

Journaling Woman said...

Very funny! It's Friday AND I got to laugh before going to work.

Thanks to both of you.

Teresa

oceangirl said...

Awesome blog, nice to meet you Sia. Awesome post Stephen, you make me smile :)

Liza said...

Well that was a good laugh for a Friday morning! Thanks Stephen. Sia, sometimes I leave your page up for a while, just so I can listen to your music.

L.G.Smith said...

I like how the one of Kirk holding a rather large phallic-looking item needed no words to explain...

kirstenlopresti said...

Oh funny! Thanks for the laugh this morning.

Jo said...

Sounds like a good story.

Stephen Tremp said...

Gotta like the Dr. McCoy and the take two and call him in the morning the best. Bones rarely smiles, but he sure has a wide grin this time.

Talli Roland said...

Oh, Stephen, these really made me laugh! Thanks for the giggle.

Hi Sia! :)

Old Kitty said...

Hello Stephen, Hello Sia!!

Happy Friday!! Take care
x

Pk Hrezo said...

Hi there Sia! Nice to meet you. Hopped over from Stephen's blog. THose cartoons made me spit coffee. lol. SOOOO funny!

And Go Chase!!!

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Sia and Stephen .. great captions and good laugh .. even if it's tea time! Cheers to you both .. Hilary

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Where did you find some of those pictures, Stephen?!?!?!

~Sia McKye~ said...

I was wondering where you got them too, Steve, lmao! They are funny.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Oceangirl Thank you. I've tried to make it as awesome as possible. :-)

Liza What a nice thing to hear from you. I like Celtic music and the fiddle tends you get you hopping.

Stephen Tremp said...

I get these pics mainly from George Takei, who played Sulu on Star Trek, on Facebook. Some are Photoshopped by other Facebook people who randomly post them.

Jo said...

I am at a total loss as to why I cannot hear music on your site when others say they can. Yes, I do have my speakers on and I just tried turning them up to max and still nothing. I get music fine from other places, but NOT your blog.

Misha Gericke said...

Hahaha I loved this post. Opening sounds like a thrill ride. :-)

Johanna Garth said...

Those were great Stephen!

Hi Sia, new follower from Stephen's blog.

~Sia McKye~ said...

Johanna, Welcome! I'm glad you stopped by and liked what you saw. :-)

~Sia McKye~ said...

Jo I don't know what to tell you. Try scrolling all the way to the bottom of my blog. There is a player. It has an on and off button. Maybe you have to click play to hear anything?

Jo said...

Now I see why, its the usual business of not being able to get stuff because I am not in the US. Seems daft to me from a blog, but that is apparently the reason.

Dana Fredsti said...

LOL!!!

~Sia McKye~ said...

Jo, really? So, the player doesn't like Canadians but the Brits and Australians can hear it fine? Very strange. Sorry Jo.

Jo said...

Weird isn't it?

nutschell said...

woohoo! Stephen's book sounds like a great read. loved the star trek pictures!

C.M.Brown said...

Great bloopers for Trekie fans, well done Stephen and Sia!

Other Lisa said...

OMG, this old-school Trekkie thanks you for those, Stephen and Sia! Hilarious! Spew-worthy!

"Set phasers to fabulous!" indeed!

Stephen Tremp said...

Glad you all enjoy these Star Trek spoofs as much as I do. George Takei (Mr. Sulu) has a great sense of humor if anyone wants to follow him on Facebook.

M Pax said...

lol George Takei does have a great sense of humor.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Where do you find that stuff, Stephen? I like starting my weekend with some laughs.

Karen Lange said...

Wish Stephen all the best! Have a great weekend all!

Stephen Tremp said...

Thanks Sia for hosting me! This was a lot of fun to take a break from being serious and having some fun. And thanks to all who stopped by and for leaving comments!

~Sia McKye~ said...

Steve, it was my pleasure, I assure you. Looking forward to your next book and visit. :-)

Ella said...

Fun post~ I am looking forward to Chase's adventure! Well Done~